• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Pay Insurance Co.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lisa Petersen

I was hit by a commercial driver. He offered me $100.00 to not submit a claim. I refused and got his insurance information. He left before the police got there. Because I had his insurance information I didnt make a report to the police. The average of the three estimates was $900.00. His insurance company said that they will only pay $100.00 because that is what their client feels is right. My insurance company will not fight them because I own the car and only carry liability on the car hit. What can I do?

Always file a police report. I will memorialize the incident and damage.

It looks like (this is an assumption on my part) the other driver told his company he did not cause all of the damage you are alledging. Unless the adjuster is a rank amature he had to have given a better response when offering the $100.00. In today's dollars $900.00 is still boarderline minor damage depending on the area hit. You can request that they assign an appraiser to inspect the damage. In the event they still only offer less than the actual damage you have two options.

If he really caused all the damage you have the option of filing in small claims court. You can go to the self-help desk at the court house where they will sell you a packet and then assist you in filling it out. At the same time or prior to this you have the free option to file a complaint with the state insurance commissioner. Make sure you do not leave out the adjuster's name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">