• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No payment for stolen car.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tom71156

What is the name of your state? Florida.

My daughters car was stolen over 2 months ago and the Insurance company has not paid her a cent. They say they are still determining the value of the car. They claim the car was in an accident from a previous owner and is worth less than blue book value. They are also making her pay to keep the insurance current on this vehicle in addition to the insurance for another car she bought to replace the stolen car.
What are my daughters options and how long can the insurance company hold off paying her? Is she required to keep insurance on a stolen car that has not been recovered for more than 60 days?

Thanks

JETX

I would suggest that she contact a local attorney who should be able to expedite the insurance company settlement.

T

tom71156

She called a lawyer and they want 33% of what the insurance company gives her. The car was worth about 7k and they want to pay her 4500. So if the lawyer is able to get the full 7k and they take 33% she is right back to the original offer. Is there no way to get the full amount? Also what state agency can she register a complaint with in the state of Florida?

Thanks

HomeGuru

tom71156 said:
She called a lawyer and they want 33% of what the insurance company gives her. The car was worth about 7k and they want to pay her 4500. So if the lawyer is able to get the full 7k and they take 33% she is right back to the original offer. Is there no way to get the full amount? Also what state agency can she register a complaint with in the state of Florida?

Thanks
**A: then she did not call the right lawyer. This is not a contingency case. She just needs to hire a lawyer for couple hundred Disney Dollars to send a demand letter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">