• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No police report required for hit and run?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rody084

State: California

Hi,

My insurance carrier (progressive) has told me that I do not need to file anything special with the police or any other agency for the hit and run that I was involved in. This sounds a bit strange to me, so I wanted to see if someone could confirm this with me.

Thank you very much for your help!

Rody

moburkes

rody084 said:
State: California

Hi,

My insurance carrier (progressive) has told me that I do not need to file anything special with the police or any other agency for the hit and run that I was involved in. This sounds a bit strange to me, so I wanted to see if someone could confirm this with me.

Thank you very much for your help!

Rody
They're telling your that they don't require one in order to start on your claim. If you'd like to file one, go ahead, but they aren't going to ask for a copy of it. They're taking your word about the accident without any other proof.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">