• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non fault accident but no car insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

schauffele

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MA

If I don't have car insurance and I am hit by another driver with car insurance, can i file a claim with their insurance company and recieve payment for my damages?

seniorjudge

schauffele said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MA

If I don't have car insurance and I am hit by another driver with car insurance, can i file a claim with their insurance company and recieve payment for my damages?
Yes, you can file a claim. It is irrelevant whether you have insurance if you are filing as a victim.

Happy Trails

You should also keep in mind if you get caught driving without insurance you could get a $500 fine.

Also if you are at-fault for an accident then they could sue you. Insurance is meant to protect yourself and other drivers in case of an accident. If you can't afford to have auto insurance right now, then you should find a different means of transportation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">