• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-Faulted Driver Left The Scene

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PKSMOM

What is the name of your state? SC resident, was driving in GA

I am a licensed SC driver who was driving to work in GA. I ran into another car from behind as we were both attempting to make a right turn from an exit ramp. There were no injuries or damage to either vehicle. The driver of the other car was obviously angry with me for hitting her, but after she saw there was no damage to her car, she left without getting any information from me.

Since she is the one who left the scene, do I have any legal obligation to try and track her down to provide my insurance information, in case there are injuries or damages to the car that were not visible at the time (very doubtul, since we were both almost stopped at the time of impact)? I did not get her tag number, and since I was behind her, I doubt she got mine.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">