• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not even a ding.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mistrago

So I live in CA and, without going into a long rant of a story, I'll just get into the question.

I had parked into a spot designated for myself, and the person parked next to me, who's the daughter of the proper 'owner' of the spot, had originally parked in my spot til I got them to move it.

When I parked my car, I had gotten out and had some space to get out with no issues, but when I did get out I had hit my head on my car door and it had opened up more to hit the truck in the other spot. The driver honked their horn and the family was surrounding it.

I'm wondering if this is something they can try to go after me for, even though there's no damage.

justalayman

If there is no damage, there's nothing to "go after you" for. If there is damage, then of course they can "go after you" for the damages you caused. Is there some reason you believe you would not be liable for any damages you did cause?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">