• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not At Fault Accident-Lapsed Insurance being paid w/in minutes of accident happening

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dboismama

Well, guess I can stop sweating this whole deal b/c Enterprise just called. They said they tried to call me yesterday but had the wrong number, but that they have been authorized per other lady's company to provide me with a rental.

Sorry dear, I believe in insurance, lots of it. And the example given was a real life one where my nephew was run over in the crosswalk, minding his business going to middle school by someone who knew their insurance was expired, but was going to pay it at lunch time when she got her check. Major surgery, my sister off of work for 6 months while he recovered.... and my family got to pay for it all.

I've yet to see an $800/mo insurance policy yet (dramatic much??), but I'll tell you that my policy limits are so high (with an umbrella policy) that I could believe that I could hit a couple of Porsches and be OK. If you have a premium that's $800/mo, then it probably has more to do with the fact that your driving is as bad as your command of the language.
I said $800 for a $5 million policy. You must have really good insurance if it covers that high for cheap. Just my liability, not the comprehensive part, for me for $100k is $80 and that includes underinsured or not insured. My comprehensive is pretty expensive and my ride isn't even a luxury vehicle. Probably because I live near the hood.
I should be a court clerk because I can't afford an umbrella policy. I'm putting everything I earn into paying off my student loans and child support.

Darras-Law

Liability auto/vehicle/car insurance coverage

I think it is not acceptable to move out and drive with insurance coverage, situation may be any but really driving without liability insurance coverage in the car is really risky.

MikeKV

OP - I really wanted to believe this whole story especially the part where you said you've sacrificed lots in you life, you are a mom of 5, and you live pay check to pay check. You've basically given me the idea that you are not well off...at all. BUT, you also state that you now have a really good lawyer. Don't they cost lots of money? just asking.....:confused:

dboismama

The police report will have the time of the accident on it as well.
Not for personal injury. He works on a contingency basis for that. He also does my custody case, but he's been working with me on that for 3 years and let's me make payments toward that when I can. He's good but he's fair, not you're typical money grubbing attorney. He's in it b/c he truly wants to help people. He's also an attorney w/ legal aide so he does alot of pro Bono work but my case isn't through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">