• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not at fault auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lillianbel

i was involved in a hit and run accident with a drunk driver in la. before the other driver fled the scene i wrote down his license plate number only to find out a few weeks later by my lawyer that the guy was not covered on his wifes insurance policy after finding out this information the lawyer dropped my case where do i go from here as to recovering lost wages, property damage, and medical bills. i did not have uninsured motorists on my plan but i did have comp/coll please help i need some advice what are my rights as a citizen. i had three 6 yr old girls in the vehicle with me what about there rights. please help

1.) File a collision claim with your carrier and get your car fixed. They will ATTEMPT to get you deductable back.

2.) You can sue him yourself. Since he had no insurance there won't be some big company funding his defense. Go to the self help desk/office at your local court house and they will sell you a packet and help you fill out the paper work and even explain the procedures.

3.) You can file on behalf of any of the minors in your car that you have legal responsability for. The others you let their parents worry about them.

4.) You get what you pay for. If you can afford UM coverage add it, if not keep taking the risk.

5.) Good luck.

L

lillianbel

thank you for your information i will try that because as of right now my insurance company has mailed out a checkk for the repairs on my vehiclhe unfortunately i can't do anything with it yet because it was made out to me and the finance company that finaced my car so the bank will not cash it because so now i have to wait for them to send out another check my insurance company also had to pay for my rental car for 30 days the 30 days has lapsed and my vehicle still is not getting repaired yet because of the mix up with the check so i kept the rental car a week over the 30 days in hopes that the check and the car would be fixed now our bill with the rental car company is 174.00 that will have to come out of our pockets plus the 500.00 deductable i am loosing all around not to mention a month of unpaid salary because i am still under doctor's care i want this guy to pay!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">