• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not at fault no license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

arc

What is the name of your state?iowa
a driver of my vehicle with a suspended license was in accident with a lady making a two lane left turn. lady turned right in front of my truck resulting in mine hitting hers. she was cited for being at fault. Will her insurance cover my truck? will my insurance drop me?

zippysgoddess

Yes, coverage from the fault of the accident has nothing to do with whether or not the person driving your vehicle had their license. They will have to face the music for that, and as to your insurance dropping you, none of us can say, that depends on their policies.

HomeGuru

arc said:
What is the name of your state?iowa
a driver of my vehicle with a suspended license was in accident with a lady making a two lane left turn. lady turned right in front of my truck resulting in mine hitting hers. she was cited for being at fault. Will her insurance cover my truck? will my insurance drop me?

**A: why are you letting someone with a suspended licensed drive your vehicle? That makes no sense.

Although it probably won't happen with your claim, keep in mind that the insurance company does not always agree with the police regarding who's at fault.

And, as HG, already stated, it's a really bad idea to let someone with a suspended license drive your vehicle.

Most of the carriers I represent would not drop you for this type of occurrence, but they would require you to either add the driver to your policy or sign an exclusion for the driver. That's not to say you won't get dropped, just what my experience with these types of claims has been.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">