• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not at fault report changed based on non driving information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

atmadaenygma

What is the name of your state? nc

Original accident report reads: Veh 1 = other driver veh 2= me
veh 1 was in the far right lane on the on ramp of I-40 east. Veh 1. was slightly in front of VEH 2. Veh 1 did not see veh 2 and veh 1 while attempting to merge over struck veh 2 on the front passenger side of the veh. the impact of veh 1 striking veh 2 caused veh 2 to go 120 ft into the bushes in the median between us1 north and the I-40 east on ramp.

this was later added:

the previos narrative is being revised due to fictious information that veh 2 provided at the scene. both parties strories are conssistent with the veh damage. However due to veh 2 plate being fictiisos and not having insirance at the time of the accident when he told me he had insurance. I ma revisising the narration of events. the owner of veh 1. and the owner of vhe 2 had different versions of what happened. the owner of veh 2 applied for insurance with progressive a half hour after the accidedt was reported veh 2 expired 30 day tag also belonged to a 94 ford in his name this same tag was on his 94 nissan.

new report says this

Information was obtained through further investigation after accident. Veh 1 was traveling in front of Veh 2 in the far left lane. Vhe 1 was pulling of to the shoulder due to car probs. Veh 2 also pulled off the roadway at high rate of speed and struck veh 1. while doin so due to the speed veh 2 sas travelign veh 2 was propelled 12o into the median between US-1 and the on ramp of I-40 east

first, i did not provide any false information second, the police officer filing the report never even asked me about hte course of the events. until AFTER she showed me the diagram that she wrote up. when she asked is this how it happened to which I agreed.

as far as false information i told her when she had asked (my plates looked old) that they were no good. I was told later by another police officer tht they could have ran a plate check then and got what ever info they needed. As far as my insurance goes the paper in which i gave her were my new number was on was on my old insurance policy. she never asked if I was insured or not. I gave them the policy number and at that time i was insured. I also told her that i got the insurance that same day. She failed to be deductive as to the exact hour.

my other point is she said that this info was obtained through further investigation. she at the time of the accident took both witnesses and asked what happened and dismissed his story at the scene.

the other driver contacted his insurance company and also told them his story and they rejected it then after seeing the diagram. He then recontacted police and was told then by the sergeant that they were not going to change the diagram. only after they found out some information about me did they decide to change the diagram.

I had told the other drivers insurance company I was uninsured the next day and that I was to handle the claim, so i withheld no info from them. they said that does not matter on the account of the accident. and hte appraiser when he came said b4 they send money i would have to get the vehicle title %100 in my name and to fix my tags. he and the officer both told me to fix my tags which I did the very next day.

Also the sergeant said he was going to change the report. he did not he had the police officer change it. they refused to look at my car a second time and stated the damages support both story even though the point of impact was the passanger door and his vehicle was front driver end of car.

i know that there is no way they can prove there point. but fear that they have provided biased information and present it as facts and may have to attain a lawyer. I accepted responsibilty for not keeping my things up to date. but these reasons do not warrant stating that a completely ludicrous story should be backed up a supported by ploice officers who have already said no to his story on numerous occasions.

what is my recourse?

efflandt

It is not clear if this was a 2-lane on-ramp that merged into one lane, or if vehicle 1 was merging onto the highway/expressway. But you apparently ran up next to the merging car and did not give way (which would have been the polite and safer thing to do).

You should drive more carefully when you have invalid plates and no insurance. It is up to you to settle this with the other party, and pay the fines for false plates and no insurance.

The final report does sound strange though. How could a vehicle on the on-ramp pulling off on the shoulder due to mechanical problems bounce you off their left side?

atmadaenygma

it was a two lane merger , i was in the left he was in the right slightly ahead of my vehicle. when he immediatley turned into my lane. he gave no time to respond. hence the sharp impact mark on my car it was my passanger side front door that was hit and his front end driver side that caused the impact.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">