• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not at fault, uninsured

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cyberreaper

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Illinois

I was in an accident last night where I was heading down a road (heading west), and the other driver was moving out of the parking lot on the right, trying to make a left (to head east on the road). He pulled out too far, not seeing me coming, and I was unable to stop in time. No one was hurt, and his car door ended up being slightly smashed, and I lost the front bumper on my car. The police clearly indicated that it was his fault for not yielding to oncoming traffic, but I am currently without insurance, and thus my license was taken as well.

What should I do next? My family suggested trying to re-instate my insurance that I had a few months ago (it was dropped because I couldn't afford it), but will that cover the accident?

If it was clearly their fault, and not mine, will I still lose my license for not having insurance at the time, and/or will I owe the fine, and/or will I have nothing happen?

I both work full time, and go to college full time. If I lose my license, is there a way to still be allowed to drive to work and school?

If I can't get my insurance re-instated, what should I do to get the money needed for my repairs?

What's the best thing I can do for when I appear in court for not having insurance at the time?

This is the first time I have ever been driving and gotten into an accident. Therefore, I am kind of new to the whole process just in general.

Thanks....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">