• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not Insured/Agreement/Then Called Police??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

justnotsure

What is the name of your state? WV
I have a good friend that was in an small fender bender in the Kmart parking lot last February. The other driver agreed that the damage was not much, small dent to the door, so she agreed to let my friend call her insurance company and make arrangements for payments since she did not carry insurance, and not call in the police to make a report. Well unfortunately, after my friend left the parking lot, the other driver called the police and fire deparment and filled out a report on my friend, which by the way she did give her all the information she needed, her name and so forth. Well my friend did call the other drivers insurance company to make payment arrangements and they told her they would be contacting her within 30 days. Well they did not they have apparently turned it over to a collection agency who is threatening all kinds of things, which they usually do, if she doesnt come up with $4000.00, and it seems the other driver went to the hospital and of course that made the total higher. My friend called the collection agency and ask why the insurance company did not call her back and she was informed that it was standard with the insurance company to do that. I understand that in WV you must carry insurance, and she did not, kind of like alot of people could not afford it, and came back to bite her. My friend did not sign anything and has not to this day , she has ageed to the collection company to make payments though they have scared her with the loss of her license. The big question of the day does anyone know of any recourse at all she may have to at least help her any at all, or is she just out of luck?? Or is there any web site you any direct me to that may help me find some info for her. Suggestion would be appreciated. thanks

stephenk

"The big question of the day does anyone know of any recourse at all she may have to at least help her any at all, or is she just out of luck?? Or is there any web site you any direct me to that may help me find some info for her."

Help in what way? What kind of info is she looking for?

she was uninsured and was at fault for an accident. There is nothing she can do except pay back what the insurance company paid to their insured OR not pay back and force the collection agency to file suit against her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">