• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Was not my fault!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mscountrymusic

What is the name of your state?Penna. I was involved in an auto accident that was not my fault and now the insurance company is refusing to pay to get my auto fixed. What can I do? I was following a car and it pulled over into the left hand lane as if it was making a left hand turn. So I continued to drive straight in my lane of traffic. The other car turned back into my lane and hit me in the side. The driver tried to say he had his turn signal on to make a right hand turn. I told him that I seen no turn signal and why would you pull clear over to the left hand lane to turn right? At this point I had two people come up to me and say they seen the whole thing and that the other driver did not have his turn signal on and they gave me their names and phone number so the insurance co could call and check with them. I gave the inc co their names and # and the insurance co called me and said they had talked to these people and decided to deny my claim. When I called these people to see what was said they assured me they told them that the driver who hit me was in the wrong lane and came back across and hit me and that he didn't have on hid turn signal on. They even said if I needed them to testify at a hearing they would be more than glad to do so. I do not understand how the insurance co can turn my claim down with two eye witnesses saying the accident was not my fault! What can I do at this point to protect my interests? :confused:

teflon_jones

The other driver's insurance company is going to deny anything and everything they can. You have two options:
1. File a case in small claims court against the other driver or
2. File a claim with your own insurance company and give them all the information. They will then go after the other insurance company for the damages.

seniorjudge

mscountrymusic said:
What is the name of your state?Penna. I was involved in an auto accident that was not my fault and now the insurance company is refusing to pay to get my auto fixed. What can I do? I was following a car and it pulled over into the left hand lane as if it was making a left hand turn. So I continued to drive straight in my lane of traffic. The other car turned back into my lane and hit me in the side. The driver tried to say he had his turn signal on to make a right hand turn. I told him that I seen no turn signal and why would you pull clear over to the left hand lane to turn right? At this point I had two people come up to me and say they seen the whole thing and that the other driver did not have his turn signal on and they gave me their names and phone number so the insurance co could call and check with them. I gave the inc co their names and # and the insurance co called me and said they had talked to these people and decided to deny my claim. When I called these people to see what was said they assured me they told them that the driver who hit me was in the wrong lane and came back across and hit me and that he didn't have on hid turn signal on. They even said if I needed them to testify at a hearing they would be more than glad to do so. I do not understand how the insurance co can turn my claim down with two eye witnesses saying the accident was not my fault! What can I do at this point to protect my interests? :confused:

It may pay you to have the accident reconstructed.

What do the police reports say?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">