• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not my fault accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

byond40

My son had an accident that was not his fault. He went to a attorny immediately after the accident. The attorney called the police dept and talked to the officer who wrote the accident report and verified that my son was not at fault. The woman's insurance company is charging my son for damages to her car. My son's attorney sent a letter to the insurance company telling them he was not at fault, but the insurance company sent his account to a collection agency. My son's attorney will file a law suit against the insurance company for more than what he agreed to do it at the beginning. Because he said it was difficult to prove since the intersection had a signal light now that was not there at the time of accident. My son was at a stop sign at a 4 lane intersection. The woman was in the middle of intersection with a yeild sign, and turned in front of him with no turning signal. The officer said she should have yeilded to traffic and so she was at fault. Her insurance company has given no response. What should we do? We just want this off of his driving and credit report.

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">