• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not my fault but I got the ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

egghead24

What is the name of your state? Tennessee
I was recently involved in an accident which was not my fault; however, the officer did not agree. I was hit by a car when its driver ran a red light. Of course he says that I was the one who ran the red light. It was my word against his, and unfortunately the officer believed him. I had two small children with me, therefore there is no way I would run a red light across five lanes of traffic. He was driving his fathers newer model pickup truck, this gives him reason to lie about who ran the light. There were no witnesses, but I still received a ticket for failure to yield. I am frustrated and wonder why I was the one to get the ticket, there was not ANY evidence that pointed me out to be the guilty party. I intend to fight this ticket in court. My question is, do I really need to hire an attorney or do I have a good chance at having the ticket dropped without one?

Lynx 36

Plead not guilty if you really aren't guilty. If the cop didn't witness the accident his report and testimony as to liability is inadmissable anyway. Tell your insurance what happened. I've said this in previous posts. Police reports are proven to be wrong all the time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">