• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is not wearing a seat belt a traffic violation or a non traffic violation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Deaks3

I live in the state of Washington. I was pulled over for having a crack in my windshield. The officer said that it appeared, when I drove by him, that I was not wearing my seat belt. I was wearing my seat belt and had it on the entire time I was pulled over. I didn't get a ticket for the window, but he did write me a $71.00 ticket for not wearing my seal belt. The officer explained that this is a non-traffic violation and it won't appear on my driving record. However, on the ticket he mark it as a traffic violation. So, is not wearing a seat belt a traffic or non traffic violation? I will fight this ticket and want to have all the information I can get! Thanks!

racer72

You were not pulled over for the seat belt infraction making it a non moving violation. Tell the judge at your hearing, I see a lot of seat belt violations changed to non moving violations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">