• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NV - rear-end w/ no police report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SPman

What is the name of your state? Nevada.

I tapped someone this morning and she's reported it to my insurance agency.
I can't understand why because there was no damage but now she's saying there is some.
We exchanged information but there was no call to the police and no report made.

Can I be held liable if there was no police report?
And will I need an attorney?

carofl93

I went through this a few years back. You can be held liable, and your insurance company will cover the damage. My insurance company paid for a new bumper for the lady I hit, without a police report. I doubt that she needed the bumper, but I was glad to have had the insurance. I don't know the NV laws, but here in FL, it worked pretty well.

ecmst12

Well, you did hit her. Your insurance company will look at the damage to her car, and also probably want to look at your car, to see if the claim is reasonable. If so, they'll probably pay it - but not a new bumper, just a buff/repaint unless it's actually cracked or something.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">