• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Obvious Gross Negligance by School (but past Statute of Limitations)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jaylk

I have lived 17 years with a left arm that does not entirely function (won't straighten)from an accident in an UNSUPREVISED gym class in 1984 (teacher had left room during class). After 2 years of physical therapy and MASSIVE medical bills (insurance only pays so much) my family even lost our house. However, the lawyer my mother hired held the stuff for a year and then returned it saying he couldn't get to it...AFTER the statute had expired.

I am soon to be 31 and wish I had the financial resources to have SOMEHTING done and CAN'T believe I didn't know I could have sued when I turned 21...

Is there ANY POSSIBLE way in the world to still sue? 17 years without straightening my arm (it was not known then it would end up that bad)????

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Sorry. Your statutes of limitations, both against the school district, and the attorney, expired years and years ago. There is nothing you can do to revive the Limitations period; and it's over.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">