• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

offering only 50%, but their fault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mel1973

What is the name of your state? CA
My husband was hit making a left turn by a driver trying to pass 2 cars. He almost made it to the driveway which is on two lane route no turning lane (45 mph speed limit). In the police report it clearly states she was at fault and although she was in violation, not ticketed. Her ins. totaled our car (2005 accord <7000 miles)and is only willing to pay 50% saying my husband came to a stop on a freeway. Tried to go thru our ins. saying the damages were fixable and est. almost half of her co. Contacted Dept. of Ins. to pressure her co. , no lawyer wants to take case - not enough injury $50 in co-pays Car is valued at $19,000. Also our co. doesn't cover the rental for 6 weeks, but hers does. Please somebody tell me how I can get a my losses covered! Want her ins. company to pay 100%

mel1973

reply to question

My ins. co did not totaled it and offered only $7,500 to repair damages. The thing is is that our company only covers $250 in rental and her company said they would pay $28 per day for it. We really need her company to pay the whole claim or we will be out medical and over $1400 in rental costs.

BelizeBreeze

mel1973 said:
My ins. co did not totaled it and offered only $7,500 to repair damages. The thing is is that our company only covers $250 in rental and her company said they would pay $28 per day for it. We really need her company to pay the whole claim or we will be out medical and over $1400 in rental costs.
Then your option is to sue the other party for the difference. ANd IF you win, get a money judgement which will be good for 10 years and renewable for another 10 years.

Surely, in 20 years, they will have something to 'take'

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">