• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

oji and third party involvment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CLJRT

i had an oji 11/14/1999. an open floor drain in an area where water could and did flow out under partition walls and a hallway. i fell backwards while walking down the hall. Two of my fellow employees were witnesses. i was incharge as a senior technologist at a seattle washington hospital, having been employed for 18 years.
i have had masive medical service since, final result was surgery for hnp l5/s1 to relieve nerve entrapment. i still have the distroyed disc now 13 percent missing.
result: need new disc, i have been told it's for life.

this is what i
know: the drain was not there when i was hired.
the management knew about it.
my own supervisor knew about it, but did not
tell me about it.
the hospital is not in the open air vented
drain installation business, they contract
out to subcontractors.

my question is: do i have a third party claim in my on the
job injury?

i have matrix insurance and my case is open and on going.
i have documented everything about this and have had several other possible, or at least questionable illegal acts by my case worker, a doctor, and a physical capacities company. i tried to keep it short, but the case is complicated and hard to state in a paragraph, even for a university graduate.

curt

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You may, in fact, have a third-party claim. Your State Statute of Limitations is 3 years from the date of injury. See a personal injury attorney to "interface" your new claim with that of your Worker's Comp claim.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

C

CLJRT

Reply thanks

Thank you for the advice, It's sometimes hard to get information in this information age.
I want you to know I appreciate the information given and will setup appt's this Monday with at least one of three attorneys given on this site in my area.

Curt

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">