• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ok Here we go..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FanofHal

What is the name of your state? California

Fresh meat here... come and get me.
Yes I have read other posts where you mention your crystal balls are out
getting cleaned (I love that one). But I really just want a ball-park.
Have fun with me if you want, but here is the scoop:

November 03 rear-ended.. Car totalled. That part is taken care of.
I went to REAL doctors, got REAL physical therapy, no acupuncture or Chiropractors or massage therapists. MRI as well.

Bills, with Rx and lost wages total $10,000.

Yes I have an attorney, but he seems to be allergic to the phone. I am none to pleased with him. :(

This really is dragging on and has thrown my finances into a tailspin. I am just trying to recoup some losses, not rape the insurance company..

What might I see?

Okay come and get me. Bring it on... maybe you can channel Johnny Carson's
alter ego Carnac the Magnificent for me? :D

Edit: had 2004 as year of accident was 2003

Last edited:

teflon_jones

FanofHal said:
What is the name of your state? California

Fresh meat here... come and get me.
Yes I have read other posts where you mention your crystal balls are out
getting cleaned (I love that one). But I really just want a ball-park.
If you've read the other posts, then why do you even bother asking? :confused: Nobody here can even give you a ballpark figure. You've also omitted the most important detail: Who was at fault for the accident?

FanofHal

Well.. because

teflon_jones said:
If you've read the other posts, then why do you even bother asking? :confused: Nobody here can even give you a ballpark figure. You've also omitted the most important detail: Who was at fault for the accident?
Well Jones. (if that is your real name :p ).. Per the police report The man who rear-ended me was at fault. It is his insurance that my lawyer (cough-cough) will be dealing with, if he can get WITH IT.
Why did I put myself out there, well there is Lnyx who may know what an
offer may come back from.
There is IAAL who may want to vent some frustrations on someone. :)
There is Belize Breeze who makes my day with pithy comments. :D

Homeguru might want to get on the bandwagon..
You are Guilty may hit on me... ;)

Or someone might actually give me a ballpark... heck even my lawyer said from 10,000- 100.000 or I might win or lose. thats a ballpark. A big ballpark. But out there are lawyers, (unlike you ), or victims. or insurance brokers. who might have a smaller ballpark... maybe not a sandlot... but its worth the haranguing to me... which is why I wrote the post as I did.

I am just frustrated. So why not add to the frustration by getting comments like ones from you... or eleviate it by getting pithy ones from the senior members... or ones who might have something to acutally add.
Capiche?

Last edited:
Y

ylen13

when you hired an attorney you sign a contract correct. If contract there was a number of much % you will get out of total amount they pay. Usually you will get 33.3% as 33.3% will go to the doctor and the rest 33.3% will go to the lawyer

teflon_jones

Well, since you weren't at fault, I'll say that you're going to get your medical bills paid and your car fixed, plus 10% of your medical bills for pain and suffering. How's that for ballpark?

Y

ylen13

teflon_jones said:
Well, since you weren't at fault, I'll say that you're going to get your medical bills paid and your car fixed, plus 10% of your medical bills for pain and suffering. How's that for ballpark?
except that medicals bills and pain and suffering he will only get his portion the rest will go to his lawyer/doctor

You Are Guilty

ylen13 said:
when you hired an attorney you sign a contract correct. If contract there was a number of much % you will get out of total amount they pay. Usually you will get 33.3% as 33.3% will go to the doctor and the rest 33.3% will go to the lawyer
Are you on crack?

ENASNI

No Duh

ylen13 said:
No Sh!t Sherlock.. :rolleyes:
I think what this fan of hal (who is hal surely not your attorney) is asking is
what the 1/3 is going to be? ( If that is the contract)
Why don't you go back to trying to figure out how to get out of your
speeding and parking tickets, ylennie... as you can tell I ain't your fan...

Um Fanny there, Someone told me once...(and it wasn't Ylen here) that anything faxed to your lawyer needs to go right to your file, (phone calls...what phone calls... get it) Maybe a lawyer here might confirm that... anybody... anybody... :confused: Make your file as big as the Yellow pages.)
squeaky wheel ya know.

I tried to channel Carnac... but he is in defective products forum trying to sue Staples for the paper cut he got from the envelope after last nights reading.
I don't think he is going to get anywhere...because Staples says he doesn't have a receipt and is counter suing for petty larceny. :eek:

Oh well. Good luck and Yeah Duck and cover... not sure you are not gonna get some Flak here, but I like your attitude going in :D

Last edited:
Y

ylen13

You Are Guilty said:
Are you on crack?
no why would i be? he signed contract with lawyer. In CA you generally get 33% settlment and doctor will get 33% and lawyer same thing. I been in car accidents before and also own transportation company.

Y

ylen13

ENASNI said:
No Sh!t Sherlock.. :rolleyes:
I think what this fan of hal (who is hal surely not your attorney) is asking is
what the 1/3 is going to be?
Why don't you go back to trying to figure out how to get out of your
speeding and parking tickets, ylennie... as you can tell I ain't your fan...
i can tell you're not my fan considering you seem to be following to all the post i reply

teflon_jones

ylen13 said:
except that medicals bills and pain and suffering he will only get his portion the rest will go to his lawyer/doctor
My response was tongue-in-cheek because it's impossible to answer this poster's question with a reasonable answer. Here, let me give another ballpark: They're going to get between 50 cents and $10 million.

I don't even understand why this person would ask this question knowing that there's no answer.

BTW, your 33% answer is totally wrong!

Y

ylen13

teflon_jones said:
My response was tongue-in-cheek because it's impossible to answer this poster's question with a reasonable answer. Here, let me give another ballpark: They're going to get between 50 cents and $10 million.

I don't even understand why this person would ask this question knowing that there's no answer.

BTW, your 33% answer is totally wrong!
Please explain how my 33% is wrong. Every time I signed a contract it clearly stated that I will get 33% of the settlement. Now I agree this contract may have different % but it dose have one .

teflon_jones

ylen13 said:
Please explain how my 33% is wrong. Every time I signed a contract it clearly stated that I will get 33% of the settlement. Now I agree this contract may have different % but it dose have one .
How many settlement contracts have you signed? :confused:

Sure, every settlement contract will have a percentage for the parties involved. The problem with your post is that a doctor does not usually sign a settlement contract since it's between a lawyer and a client. Doctors are only entitled to their bills and that's it. Anybody that would give them 33% of a settlement needs to get another lawyer!

ENASNI

JeesH

ylen13 said:
How many times have you sued someone? No don't answer that!

Don't make this thread one of your stupid debates, Ylen. You really are too much.
What friggin country are you from... Learn English! I am not against immigrants but learn our language! and learn to spell!
Let this person get some real comments not your stupid debates,
Teflon... please don't take him on. I can see this poor ladies thread turning into a 96 pager with nothing coming out of it but Ylens inane questions.

Good luck Fanofhal. Maybe the Judge will come along. He is great. if a bit vague sometimes.

Last edited:

ENASNI

right after you

teflon_jones said:
How many settlement contracts have you signed? :confused:

Sure, every settlement contract will have a percentage for the parties involved. The problem with your post is that a doctor does not usually sign a settlement contract since it's between a lawyer and a client. Doctors are only entitled to their bills and that's it. Anybody that would give them 33% of a settlement needs to get another lawyer!

Sorry posting when you were... please don't take on his debate. He is an idiot.
Look at his posts, he is always asking.." Maybe I am wrong", or "explain that to me"... "but what if"... "If that is the case, then if this happens".." I understood it to be this way but" ... da da dah.. get it .. its like he is doing homework...
I bet JETX will be on his butt reallly fast. I hope I hope I hope

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">