• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

An old accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pamilt

Around 12 years ago, when I was 16 or 17, I was riding my bike in the evening (while it was dark) on the sidewalk when I ran into a senior citizen who suddenly appeared from behind a tall bush. She was knocked to the ground. I promptly helped her up and if I remember correctly, I asked her if she was okay, then I took off to go home. Afterwards, I completely forgot about the accident until a politician recently was arrested for killing someone in a hit-and-run. That forced a memory back into my mind and I wonder if I should do something about it. As it happened in a neighborhood where people would probably recognize me if the injured described my features, especially with the help of a sketch artist, nothing of that sort happened. The woman may or may not have reported it to the police and I don't know what her injuries were, if any. Although I didn't know the woman, I remember pretty well where she lived and could look for her. Or, I could first check the police archives for reports. As I'm in another state, I'm unable to get over frequently and the online police records don't go back that far, so I need to figure out the best approach before I return to that area. Thanks for the advice.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

What?

What are you trying to say and / or accomplish? Are you have "pangs of guilt" over something that happened 12 years ago?

Could you please clarify this matter?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">