• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

older car, total loss, still driveable

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

e.marler

What is the name of your state?Alabama Not our fault. Damage all cosemetic. Car still mechanicaly sound. Insurance should be out 2500 plus car rental. Technically the car is worth nothing on paper. What is their obligation to me.

JETX

e.marler said:
What is the name of your state?Alabama Not our fault. Damage all cosemetic. Car still mechanicaly sound. Insurance should be out 2500 plus car rental. Technically the car is worth nothing on paper. What is their obligation to me.
If the insurance determines that you are not at fault, they will do the less expensive of:
1) Return your car to its condition immediately prior to the accident, or
2) Purchase the car from you at its fair market value, immediately prior to the accident.

e.marler

i just want to know if they have a set minimum legal obligation or can they just say that the car was worth nothing before the accident so we're giving you nothing. Car is 1994. 164 thou. miles, prior front end damage, totally ragged out interior. Husband's work car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">