• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ommercial trucking company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momm2500

What is the name of your state? PA

hubby left truck at work on Thursday (i picked him up to attend our childs graduation) well a commercial trucking company driver came into the lot and was trying to make a U-turn since he went the wrong way. he hit our truck. the back bumper is all twisted, the front bumper is dented in since the truck was pushed up against metal concrete pillars, and the back bed is smashed in. we also have a top on the bed of the truck and that is damaged. the driver drove away after giving only his first name to one of the co-workers. we found out about the whole incident last night (Friday) since we had to attend more graduation stuff friday afternoon with our child.
1. should i notify police
2. i do not want to claim on my insurance
3. should i just contact the company this driver works for before or after i call the police
4. i personally took pictures and my husband stated that there are video cameras so it was all caught on tape.
5. according to my husband, if the DOT finds out the company can be fined, the driver for leaving the scene of an accident and possible suspension of his CDL.

what should we do? all i want is reimbursement of getting the truck fixed. we can not drive it anywhere since there are no tail lights and that is against the law to drive in our state.

ecmst12

Calling the police is up to you, there's not a ton they can do being as it happened so long ago. Contact the trucking company and tell them you want to file a claim, or claim on your insurance and let THEM go after the trucking company (will almost certainly be faster, so if you are in a hurry to get it fixed, may be the best option). If you can get your hands on that video, do so as soon as possible, just so you can have a copy in a safe place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">