• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Open whole in the road.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jstanish

What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania

What can I do? I pulled into a small parking lot of a small business. there was construction work being done in the lot. I parked my car and went into the building. I stayed for about 3 mins. I then returned to my car. and started backing up to leave. I could see a large mound of dirt behind me. so I made sure to avoid the mound of dirt when I was backing up. then the back end of my car fell into a hole in the road.there was no baracade. I asked why there was no baracade, or anything there to indicate that there was a hole in the road. the construction worker. told me he just took the barcade down 5 minutes before that. because he was in the process of getting more dirt to finish filling in the hole. Now the construction company is denying my claim, stating it was my fault because, I didn't see the open ditch or whole in the road. Is this true. And if not, how can they do that?

Thankyou.

Jstanish

learn how to read

snostar said:
And, learn the difference between, "whole" and "hole."[/QUOTE
Are you just a miserable person. Why don't you learn the difference of the 2 words. I was right. whole is " something as a whole" I'm talking about a HOLE as in a HOLE in a road! and if so. I guess you never made a spelling error before. I'm just looking for some good advise. Not a grammer lesson. I don't need your rude comments. And if you have nothing better to do with your day, then get a life

Last edited:

Jstanish

BelizeBreeze said:
Your fault. Live with it.
wow do you have a degree behind that answer? I feel bad for you. you must have a sad life to be so mean to poeple you don't even know!

panzertanker

Jstanish said:
I was right. whole is " something as a whole" I'm talking about a HOLE as in a HOLE in a road!
No, you were wrong.
Your original post heading was:
Open whole in the road.

No wonder why you drove in a "hole", you do not understand things as a "whole"!!!
Moron.

snostar

Jstanish said:
Are you just a miserable person.
Actually, I'm one of the sweetest posters on this site. :D

Why don't you learn the difference of the 2 words.
I know the difference.

I was right.
No, you were wrong. Re read your original post.

I'm just looking for some good advise. Not a grammer lesson.
Did you mean, "advice?" The suggestion to expand your knowledge was an added bonus...you are the FA winner of the day!

I don't need your rude comments. And if you have nothing better to do with your day, then get a life
Stick around if you want to learn the real definition of rude.

Jstanish said:
wow do you have a degree behind that answer? I feel bad for you. you must have a sad life to be so mean to poeple you don't even know!
You may not like the tone of the answer, but BB is absolutely correct. What more is there to say?

stephenk

where was the hole in relation to where you parked? How far did you go in reverse before dropping into the hole?

Jstanish

stephenk said:
where was the hole in relation to where you parked? How far did you go in reverse before dropping into the hole?
The hole was about "15 to 20 feet?" behind me and to the right alittle. There is a road in the middle of the parking lot. And that is where the ditch was that they were filling. lets just say the hole was 100 feet long. and 95% was filled with dirt. this is behind my car. Even after the accident, standing outside the car from a distance you could hardly tell that the hole was not completely filled.
Thank you for the question.

As for all you spelling teachers out there. I may have some spelling errors here that you can pick apart. If you got nothing better to do?

Jstanish

InsuranceLadyAZ said:
You may not like the tone of the answer, but BB is absolutely correct. What more is there to say?
It's so funny you say that. because I was just adviced by my Ins. agent that they will be fighting the other Ins. company. Stating the clear safety violation, of not having a baracade. It goes to Arbitration in March. So I'll have to update you then. I'm not sure what they will decide. I'm just glad they decided to take this farther.I guess there is more to say huh? Although I have to wonder..... Does it make you feel smarter to just spit things out of your mouth. even though you have nothing to back your statements! WOW!

I would like to thank you for your no good advice! But I already waisted enough of my time!

BelizeBreeze

Jstanish said:
It's so funny you say that. because I was just adviced by my Ins. agent that they will be fighting the other Ins. company. Stating the clear safety violation, of not having a baracade. It goes to Arbitration in March. So I'll have to update you then. I'm not sure what they will decide. I'm just glad they decided to take this farther.I guess there is more to say huh? Although I have to wonder..... Does it make you feel smarter to just spit things out of your mouth. even though you have nothing to back your statements! WOW!

I would like to thank you for your no good advice! But I already waisted enough of my time!
Then say goodby and leave. Not only are you NOT telling the truth, but you're a waste of time.

Jstanish said:

It does not make me feel smarter to give advice, although that's what I try to do here. (By the way, it's wasted, dumba**).

Regardless, we'll see you back here in March when you're asking how to proceed because you lost this arbitration (which I also don't believe).

I love it when people come here and ask for FREE advice and then get upset when they get it. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">