• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Opening door damages car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

csuzu77

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Washington.

I was driving down a residential city street. Not speeding and conditions did not impair visibility. A parallel parked car door opened into my side view mirror causing $300 in damage. I had no idea the door had opened until I heard the impact. There was no damage to her car. She admitted she was running late, traffic was bad, she had already almost been in 3! accidents on the freeway.

She is trying to say that neither of us was at fault and bad things just happen. She's only offering to pay for 1/2 of the damages. I have told her that she caused the accident (imformed her of WA state vehicle code 46.61.620) and that she should pay for all of the damages.

What can I do to get her to pay?

seniorjudge

csuzu77 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Washington.

I was driving down a residential city street. Not speeding and conditions did not impair visibility. A parallel parked car door opened into my side view mirror causing $300 in damage. I had no idea the door had opened until I heard the impact. There was no damage to her car. She admitted she was running late, traffic was bad, she had already almost been in 3! accidents on the freeway.

She is trying to say that neither of us was at fault and bad things just happen. She's only offering to pay for 1/2 of the damages. I have told her that she caused the accident (imformed her of WA state vehicle code 46.61.620) and that she should pay for all of the damages.

What did your insurance agent say?

(I vote for her being 100% liable.)

JETX

csuzu77 said:
Some options:
1) Send 'Uncle Vito' to see her and 'splain the problem, or
2) File a claim against her insurance company, or
3) File a claim with YOUR insurance company (you pay your deductible), or
4) File a lawsuit against her.

Take your pick.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">