• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Other Driver falls asleep

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Daze&Confused

What is the name of your state?New York

I was in an accident 2 weeks ago were the person infront of my car fell asleep at the wheel and took a hard right turn into a telephone pole, bounced off the pole and into the front of my car and down the side. The adjusters came by to see the car and have deemed it a total lose. BUT they said they are STILL investigating the crash.. Now, if the person got out of the car and told me he fell asleep and then told the cops he fell asleep why would you need to investigate more? Plus they say they are holding paying me off until their investigation is complete... Whats that all able? The insurance company is making it out to be its my fault..

seniorjudge

Daze&Confused said:
What is the name of your state?New York

I was in an accident 2 weeks ago were the person infront of my car fell asleep at the wheel and took a hard right turn into a telephone pole, bounced off the pole and into the front of my car and down the side. The adjusters came by to see the car and have deemed it a total lose. BUT they said they are STILL investigating the crash.. Now, if the person got out of the car and told me he fell asleep and then told the cops he fell asleep why would you need to investigate more? Plus they say they are holding paying me off until their investigation is complete... Whats that all able? The insurance company is making it out to be its my fault..
Q: Now, if the person got out of the car and told me he fell asleep and then told the cops he fell asleep why would you need to investigate more?

A: Ask your question of the person who told you this.

Where is your insurance company in all this?

Daze&Confused

seniorjudge said:
Q: Now, if the person got out of the car and told me he fell asleep and then told the cops he fell asleep why would you need to investigate more?

A: Ask your question of the person who told you this.

Where is your insurance company in all this?
Insurance company is the one saying that they need to investigate more..

Daze&Confused

HomeGuru said:
**A: why, what are they telling you?
The insurance company is saying they need to ivestigate the accident.. Which is making me feel like they are not believing the police nor myself..

seniorjudge

Daze&Confused said:
The insurance company is saying they need to ivestigate the accident.. Which is making me feel like they are not believing the police nor myself..
Yes, we got that.

WHY are they telling you this?

WHAT are they telling you?

Daze&Confused

You Are Guilty said:
Here's a hint: they want to figure out just how closely you were following Mr. Sleepyhead when the accident occurred.

I wasnt close at all, Mr Sleepyhead bounced off a pole and went airborn and found my car as a soft pillow.. LOL!!

You Are Guilty

But they don't know that yet (or, probably more accurately, they are still thinking they may have a possible excuse for paying you).

BelizeBreeze

Daze&Confused said:
I wasnt close at all, Mr Sleepyhead bounced off a pole and went airborn and found my car as a soft pillow.. LOL!!
The only think I can think of to say in this matter is .....

BOY, it sure sucks to be you. :eek:

seniorjudge

Daze&Confused said:
They want to make sure you and Mr Sleepyhead were not out drinking together.

Daze&Confused

BelizeBreeze said:
The only think I can think of to say in this matter is .....

BOY, it sure sucks to be you. :eek:
And the only thing I can think here is that you must have a tremendous amount of time on your hands to sit online and ridiclue people in need of professional lawyers advice.

Would you be compensating for something you are otherwise lacking in life? :p

Daze&Confused

Update

I called the insurance company on my lunch break.. The women said they are totaling out my car and they have not yet heard from their insurer..

I asked what does that have to do with me and they will not release any moneys until the Mr Sleepy wakes up and gets intouch with them..

That BS is this!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">