• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Other driver ticketed for accident ~ will his insurance pay for my damages?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tomcast

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I was driving on a two lane road when a person heading south (towards me) swerved around a car in front of him crossing over a solid double yellow line into opposing traffic (towards me). As you can guess when he seen me in front of him he attempted to drive onto MY SHOULDER and ended up side swiping me forcing my car off the road and into a guard rail.

To make a long story short:

The other driver was cited by the state police for crossing over a solid double yellow line & my car was totalled with a value of $7,804.

I was carrying only liability on my car w/ limited tort. Is his insurance company required to pay for my car now seeing that their insured was at fault for the accident?

Thanks,
Tom Castellano

Lynx 36

tomcast said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I was driving on a two lane road when a person heading south (towards me) swerved around a car in front of him crossing over a solid double yellow line into opposing traffic (towards me). As you can guess when he seen me in front of him he attempted to drive onto MY SHOULDER and ended up side swiping me forcing my car off the road and into a guard rail.

To make a long story short:

The other driver was cited by the state police for crossing over a solid double yellow line & my car was totalled with a value of $7,804.

I was carrying only liability on my car w/ limited tort. Is his insurance company required to pay for my car now seeing that their insured was at fault for the accident?

Thanks,
Tom Castellano
If they accept liability on behalf of their insured, then yes, they will pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">