• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

other guys insurance wont pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vickie e

help...im in mass and was involved in an auto accident with someone who lost his drivers license...not sure why but he does have insurance. he hit me in the drivers side door and front fender. he had his left turn signal on and was in the middle of the intersection and decided at the last minute to change his mind and swing back...i was about to take a right. we went to his insurance and the claims adjustor who said he would send me a check in the mail and that it was ok to bring my car in to get fixed. the insured decided that he wasnt at fault since he claims i was passing him on the right....his windows were encrusted in ice and when i called the police he started scraping them. the police said they would not come if there were no injuries. so now my car is fixed and i have a rental for 13 days now and his insurance company....metlife wont pay. what can i do?

P

Peggi

First, let me say that I am not a lawyer, just someone who has been in the same circumstance as you. You didn't mention if you have collision coverage on your car. If so, talk your insurance agent about putting the claim through YOUR insurance company, and depending on the extent of the damage, your insurance company might go after MetLife at no cost to you. You also didn't mention if there were any independent witnesses to the accident. Any witnesses you can find, the better for you. If, however, you only have liability, your only option is to take him to court, which will probably cost you more than the damage done to your car, considering you will be up against MetLife's attorneys (bigger than you and deeper pockets). I speak from my personal experience, and I know the frustration you are feeling. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">