• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Other insurance denied..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lsly004

Texas
I was involved in an accident back in October. My car was hit by another driver turning on to the road. The driver at fault's insurance agency is denying my claim that I filled with the company right after the accident. I recently received a call from my insurance company saying that the driver was trying to claim it against me, and that the accident happened on 2 months later than it actually did! I told my insurance agency that that was a false date and my account of the accident. I am still fighting with her insurance agency to get my car repaired, but I am thinking about taking the case to small claims or civil court. I have no idea what else to do. I have the name and ID number of the officer who was on scene. There was only minor damage and he didn't write a police report. I have given his ID information to her insurance company but I haven't been able to get ahold of them to find out if they actually tried to contact him or not.
I'm just wondering if I should give up on the insurance companies, take her to court and if I should turn her in for insurance fraud for giving false information/dates for an accident.
Any help is appreciated!

Lynx 36

What was the reason the other insurance company denied you?

Do you have collision coverage on your own policy?

If you go to court and it's your word vs hers you stand no chance of winning.

Any unbiased witnesses?

lsly004

Her insurance denied my claim, because our versions of the accident where different. Same reason my insurance denied her claim when she tried to fill the claim against me 2 months later.
(They told me what she said happened, and its a complete joke and I do believe that if the insurance would look at the pictures of the accident that were taken they could figure this out) The cop that was on scene of the accident was behind my car when the accident took place.
Otherwise the only witness was in my car at the time of the accident.

Lynx 36

Quote: "The cop that was on scene of the accident was behind my car when the accident took place."

You still aren't answering my question. Just b/c he was behind you doesn't tell me anything. One more time.

Did the cop actually SEE the accident happen?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">