• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Other Insurance Denied Claim, what can i do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Swarm45

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

I was hit above driver side rear wheel. A truck backed into me trying to park in a differnt parking space. He told me and his insurance that he never saw me. They denied my claim, stating i pulled behind him while he was parking. I told them he would have seen me then, since i came from his driver side. Unless he was backing up with out looking backwards, but he admit to me he was looking back. So the only logical conclusion (and truth) is that i was already behind him when he started to back up, i attempted to drive faster when i saw him backing up, but it was obviously not fast enough. I did not have insurance at the time, and feel that is why they denied my claim. I do not know what to do now, there was an estimated $1,700 dollars of damage.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

While you dont need an insurance representitive on your side when argueing with opposing insurance representitives, its not necessary. You might have to accept some of the blame. anything you get over 50 %, concider it a success. Do people in your state not need insurance? Its important to have some nomatter what. definately.

ecmst12

You sue the other driver in small claims court. Their insurance company is hoping you won't bother because HE was required to yield to YOU while backing up, not the other way around. He is 100% at fault.

Swarm45

We are required Insurance...i had a hectic end of June and July. My Dad had a heart attack, then my Gpa lost his fight with cancer, and then my Unlce had a heart attack, and then my other Uncle was diagnosed with a very aggresive form of a cancer. During this month i neglected to renew my insurance, and did not even realize it till i went to exchange my info with this other driver. I know it was stupid of me to miss my renewal date, and I have learned the hard way. I still feel what his company is doing is trying to bully me, they think i wont sue they just deny my claim.

ecmst12

You were told what you need to do already. You don't need to 'bump' unless you have another question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">