• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The other person is at fault. My Policy Canceled before the accident date?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Web King

New Jersey.

Hi everyone,

I would appreciated all your opinions in advance.

My problem now is that I drive my sister's car and I got into a minor accident with the rear bumper and the trunk. No major injury or anything. The policy has my name. However, my sister has gone on vacation for months and her premium was unpaid so the Insurance company canceled her policy and can not be restated. So now I got into an accident but it s NOT my fault. The other person's fault. He hits my car's bumper and it looks indented and the trunk as well. Now The policy is canceled so what should I do now? What is your best advice?

THanks

Last edited:

Z

zappy

prepare for your license to be suspended because you have no insurance, and to wring your sister neck....what a friggin LOSER she is!

the best deal is: she probably will lose her license too, for being such an idiot!

Their insurance company will probably demand you pay for the accident, and you wil have to defend yourself in court.

You could try and sue the other driver for your damages, but guess what, he gets a FREE lawyer by having insurance on his car..yippee!

See what having a dumb dopey sister can do to mess up your life.

W

Web King

The policy canceled, however, when the police asked for the license, registration, and insurance and the insurance card stated the expiration date is 6/2003. He didn't issue any tickets at all. He said the report will be mailed to me and to him.

The thing is I can't contact the insurance company. What should I do? Should I get a private lawyer and ingore calling the insurance company instead?

or should I try to get the information of the other driver and negotiate with him to pay for the damage w/out going through the insurance companies?

What are my options can anyone help?

Z

zappy

eh dont worry about it there is nothin you can do except wait....

wait to see if they sue you , wait to see if your license gets suspended, and you know your ditzy sister is going to have to purchase high risk insurance, and boy is she lucky, New Jersy has the HIGHEST premiums in America, yippee...she wont have any more time for vacations because she will be working 2 jobs to pay the insurance bill.

So you might as well learn the bus routes, and buy a bicycle becuase you dont want to get caught driving with a suspeneded license AND no insurance, that means you will be taken to jail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">