• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Other persons insurance pays for rental car?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bindaaz

My car was rear-ended in october and the body shop took 2 1/2 months to repair my car. (my car was not in a drivable condition).I didn't have the other person's insurance information till the police report came-in. In the mean time my insurance compny was negotiating with the body shop regarding wether to replace or repair one pannel. After a lot of delay I got back my car and the other insurance company is paying for all the damages.

I took a rental car during this time and the other insurance company is telling they will not pay for the time that my insurance company spent in negotiating with the body-shop. (In these negotiations the body-shop's argument for replacing won). My insurance company says it will not pay for the rental car during the time it spent in negotiating. This is the body shop(company dealer) that I have chosen as my car is a brand new car.

Can you please advise me on what to do now? Do I need to pay for the remaining days of rental.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Ever heard of insurance bad faith? Two ways to go about this:

1. Sue both as named defendants under breach of contract law/insurance bad/breach of duty of good faith and fair dealing.

OR

2. Contact the better business bureau in your county to see if they can help you in some way -- have each company pay 50%???? In either case, you should not have to pay anything out of pocket.

B

bindaaz

Thank you for your advise.
I am new to these things. I don't know how the law works. How does a Better Bussiness bureau work? Where can I find more information about this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">