• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

out of state accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brian H

What is the name of your state? I live in Texas and recently had a accident in Oklahoma. I hit a 18 wheeler from behind. there were no witnesses to the accident at all. However the officer at the scene reported that I fell asleep and wrote me a ticket for:eek:perating a motor vehicle in a mannor not responsible and proper. I was looking through my breifcase for some notes at the time of the accident and was unconsious afterwords. so I could not defend myself to the officer. I realize the accident was my fault and my insurance will surely go up. but do I also have to put up with this ticket as well? that will make my insurance go up as well. sounds like I 'm getting charged twice

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">