• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Own lawyer wants me to sign "minimum settlement" agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tinkerer

CT: My own lawyer wants me to sign "minimum settlement" agreement

Connecticut

To settle a car accident case, my lawyer wants me to sign a document which empowers him to settle the case for a certain amount of money. In two previous cases, he did not require that.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You work off the books which is illegal and this is your third lawsuit in the last few years. My guess is that this lawyer is trying to save himself from a nasty surprise. You are a high risk client who is sue happy.

tinkerer

I practice defensive driving and for twenty years I went without a single accident. But defensive driving can't help you much when the driver behind you hits you or you are travelling 25 mph down the street and a driver in the oncoming lane decidesto make a left turn thirty feet in front of you.

Last edited:

zippysgoddess

If you were only going 25mph and he turned 30feet in front of you, then you should have been able to stop, check the math and physics!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">