• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pa. full tort liabiliy if driver was D.U.I.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Marian

pa. my husband was killed in an auto acccident. his blood/alcohol level was 1.83. i understand that pa. state law covers full tort when alcohol is involved. we had full coverage, limited tort. the only benefits i received were for funeral. $2500. am i entitled to any more under this law? a passenger is suing for emotional distress, under this law, for an unlimited amount.....i was not a passenger, just next of kin. also, what is the statute of time in pa. to file suit? as the 2 yr anniversary is approaching.... no releases were signed. in addition, i am aggravated that this passenger is taking action against this. he asked my husband a favor to take him home, because he was so drunk, he couldn't even stand up. if he wasn't taking him home, he'd be alive now, in my opinion. the area he was driving in is considered dangerous.i'd like to file a civil suit against him. is this possible? what are the chances of victory in that situqation? slim? in addition, all the alcohol was supplied by a local bazaar. they should've been cut off, is there a case here?
please advise.

thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">