• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paid for inconvenience?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

threeputt29

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Quick question. I was in a accident almost 2 years ago. My insurance company acted as my lawyers for the damages and to pay for my medical, which was only a few x-rays. My question is, are they still liable for pain and suffering? There was a lot of inconvenience that I had to go through.

Thanks

JETX

"My insurance company acted as my lawyers for the damages and to pay for my medical, which was only a few x-rays. My question is, are they still liable for pain and suffering?"
*** Why would your insurance company be liable for your pain and suffering??? (That is what your post implied!!). If you mean is the other driver liable.... they could be..... but your post makes no mention of 'pain or suffering'.

"There was a lot of inconvenience that I had to go through."
*** Aaaaahhhh. Poor baby!! Accidents are ALWAYS inconvenient..... for all parties. But 'inconvenience' is not a compensable claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">