• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pain & Suffering

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pirate

State: TN
Let me say first I have searched the forums and read many things but still want more advice.

My wife and I were rear-ended. Our van was destroyed, my wife was in the hospital for a week and needed surgery. I was seen in the OR and released. They accepted full responsibility.

His insurance is 100/300. Mine is 100/300. They are paying my wife the full 100. They offered me 15. I still have back pain. That is only a 3x settlement. I told them I wanted 5x. I don't think 5x is unreasonable considering a loss of consorsiom (spelling) claim too.

I haven't hired an lawyer because my wife maxed out on hers. Is it worth fighting to get more for myself? Any point in giving away a third to gain a grand?

Thanks.

HomeGuru

pirate said:
State: TN
Let me say first I have searched the forums and read many things but still want more advice.

My wife and I were rear-ended. Our van was destroyed, my wife was in the hospital for a week and needed surgery. I was seen in the OR and released. They accepted full responsibility.

His insurance is 100/300. Mine is 100/300. They are paying my wife the full 100. They offered me 15. I still have back pain. That is only a 3x settlement. I told them I wanted 5x. I don't think 5x is unreasonable considering a loss of consorsiom (spelling) claim too.

I haven't hired an lawyer because my wife maxed out on hers. Is it worth fighting to get more for myself? Any point in giving away a third to gain a grand?

Thanks.

**A: hire a PI attorney.

pirate

HomeGuru said:
**A: hire a PI attorney.
OK. What possibly can the attorney do for that I can't do myself? Can you provide an example of why I should hire one? Thanks. I'm not downing attorneys or the profession, I'm just curious as to how much an attorney could get for me that I couldn't get negotiating myself. If I hire one and he only negotiates to 18K, then I've lost in the long run.

teflon_jones

You have minor injuries and a little back pain and you want 5x your medical bills? Good luck with that one! Take whatever you can get.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">