• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pain and suffering compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

ortgoose

I was involved in an accident in Bloomington, IN in Feb. 2001. I was rear-ended with enough damage to total my vehicle. I have already been compensated by the other drivers insurance company (progressive) for the property damage and purchased a new vehicle. I drove myself to the hospital later that day for neck injuries. We are getting ready to settle the injury claims and "pain and suffering was mentioned." As I am a medical student, I didn't incur lost wages. However, I did miss a considerable amount of classes the week following and I know my performance on a test was significantly diminished because of my pain. This might not seem financially significant, however medical school costs more than 23,000/yr and my grades will impact my future career. How should I approach coming up with a figure for "pain and suffering"?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">