• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pain, suffering, and inconvenience

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CrystalJanine

What is the name of your state? Texas

I was rear ended on October 27, 2004. The driver hit me so fast that I hit the car in front of me. The police determined that it was not my fault that I hit the car because of his speed. My problem is that my van sustained a great deal of damage and was considered totalled. I was upside down and still owe @ 1200.00 desipe the fact that I no longer have a car. My medical bills total about $3000 and I am about to send in all of the information to the insurance company. I want to have some kind of idea of what kind of settlement would be fair considering the inconvenience that I have faced. To top the whole thing off the at fault driver did not have enough coverage to cover both cars so I had to file all of my property damage on my own insurance therefor I am out a $250 deductible. I do not have a lawyer and do not plan to get one. I am also a student and do not work so there are no lost wages to claim. If anyone can tell me what amount seems fair I would appreciate it. I am just afraid that the insurance company is giong to try and low ball me. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

CrystalJanine

Lynx 36 said:
Do you have uninsured or underinsured coverage on your policy?
Yes, I filed all of my property damage on my underinsured. My main question is now is how much would be a fair settlement in the PI part of the claim that I am about to settle. They keep telling me that there is an inconvenience factor when they settle but that remains to be seen.

Crystal

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">