• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pain and Suffering Offer from Ins. Co.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cajlpoole

What is the name of your state? Ohio
My wife was offered $800 for pain and suffering as a result of being rear ended from the other guy's insurance company. She was diagnosed to have a sprained neck and other soft tissue bruises. This accident caused her to be in pain and discomfort along with sharp pains several times a day when moving too quickly or turning her head. After approximately 10 weeks of muscle relaxants and several weeks of therapy, she now feels okay and is willing to close this issue. Not wanting to be unrealistic or unfair, she is wondering if the $800 being offered is fair. She thinks it might be unfair.

ecmst12

How much were the bills? It sounds a bit low for 2.5 months of treatment, but I don't have a better number to suggest. Counter offer with a number that seems fair to you. Did she miss any work? If not, that does reduce the value.

teflon_jones

I don't think that sounds unreasonable for soft tissue injuries. If all of your other bills are being paid, I'd suggest you take it and move on. Pain and suffering judgments are getting smaller and smaller all the time because people are greedy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">