• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pain & Suffering Settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nomotrukn

What is the name of your state? California

I was involved in a head on accident in April 2000 while at work. The other vehicle who crossed the line and hit me head on was at 100% fault, (Said he was taking cold medicine & fell asleep). Anyway, my injuries were settled with comp at 33% PD, and now I have received a settlement offer from the employers insurance, (the driver who crossed the line was uninsured, so the employers UM coverage has been responsible) and the adjuster faxed me a settlement offer. Now the offer clearly states it is for pain & suffering only, and the rest of the settlement will be later. The question here is, the offer is for a proposed annuity. She has sent three different choices! Wow- I had no idea that when I am 78 years old i can still be messing with this thing.

My question is- do i have't to accept these annuity offers, or can I just ask for the $22000.00 cash all at once. I could pay off some bills with that, considering i was off work with these injuries for almost a year, and comp was only partial.

Very long question, but I thought I should give as much info as possible. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ! By the way, these annuity offers void on 9-6-02.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">