• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pain and suffering settlement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Maewolf

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

Well, I was in a car accident back in november of 08. I had such horrible pain through my back and neck for months and months, had to go through physical therapy that whole time. I wasn't able to do the things i normally could, walking up and down stairs was hard and hurt extremely I couldn't carry anything, I couldn't sleep and had to take pain medications which i hate, i couldn't even skateboard which i was really getting into so that made me depressed. Sitting, laying down, anything i did hurt. THe insurance guy asked what i wanted for a settlement for pain and suffering and i have no idea what to tell him. Anyone have any ideas on at least an idea on how i should try to figure it out? Thank you - Meagan

In addition i had 6 months of physical therapy, there was 5k in damage to the car i was in, my grandmothers car. I was in massage for a few sessions, and got a tens unit for my muscles. I had to use heat alot to help calm my muscles down and that barely helped

SO yes, please help, thank you, i have no idea what to ask forWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

ecmst12

If you are ok now, then don't expect a windfall. Ask for what you think is fair (or a little more) and expect them to counter offer. It is a subjective question and only you can really answer it. We can't really give you numbers here since we don't know all the details (and even if we did, it would be frowned on).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">