+ Reply to Thread

Pain and Suffering Settlement

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia.

I was the passenger in a car accident about 3 months ago. The accident was the driver's fault, failure to maintain control. I had a broken hand, which had to be reset 4 times and is still giving me problems. My ortho said it was usable, but would never be back to the way it was. I also had a concussion and memory loss, and was later diagnosed with PCS(Post-concussive Syndrome, also known as shell-shock). I am a sophmore in college, my major is culinary but I can no longer do it because of the loss of most of my control in my dominate hand(the one that was broken).

So not only can I no longer do what I've wanted to do since I was 6, I've wasted thousands of dollars and a year of my life in culinary school and I can no longer do anything with that program. My lawyer told me to come up with a ballpark idea of how much I'd like to ask for pain and suffering and I honestly have no idea where to even start. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by isnotamuggle View Post
    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia.

I was the passenger in a car accident about 3 months ago. The accident was the driver's fault, failure to maintain control. I had a broken hand, which had to be reset 4 times and is still giving me problems. My ortho said it was usable, but would never be back to the way it was. I also had a concussion and memory loss, and was later diagnosed with PCS(Post-concussive Syndrome, also known as shell-shock). I am a sophmore in college, my major is culinary but I can no longer do it because of the loss of most of my control in my dominate hand(the one that was broken).

So not only can I no longer do what I've wanted to do since I was 6, I've wasted thousands of dollars and a year of my life in culinary school and I can no longer do anything with that program. My lawyer told me to come up with a ballpark idea of how much I'd like to ask for pain and suffering and I honestly have no idea where to even start. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    **A: start off with $1.2 million.

+ Reply to Thread