• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pain and Suffering Settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

isnotamuggle

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia.

I was the passenger in a car accident about 3 months ago. The accident was the driver's fault, failure to maintain control. I had a broken hand, which had to be reset 4 times and is still giving me problems. My ortho said it was usable, but would never be back to the way it was. I also had a concussion and memory loss, and was later diagnosed with PCS(Post-concussive Syndrome, also known as shell-shock). I am a sophmore in college, my major is culinary but I can no longer do it because of the loss of most of my control in my dominate hand(the one that was broken).

So not only can I no longer do what I've wanted to do since I was 6, I've wasted thousands of dollars and a year of my life in culinary school and I can no longer do anything with that program. My lawyer told me to come up with a ballpark idea of how much I'd like to ask for pain and suffering and I honestly have no idea where to even start. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia.

I was the passenger in a car accident about 3 months ago. The accident was the driver's fault, failure to maintain control. I had a broken hand, which had to be reset 4 times and is still giving me problems. My ortho said it was usable, but would never be back to the way it was. I also had a concussion and memory loss, and was later diagnosed with PCS(Post-concussive Syndrome, also known as shell-shock). I am a sophmore in college, my major is culinary but I can no longer do it because of the loss of most of my control in my dominate hand(the one that was broken).

So not only can I no longer do what I've wanted to do since I was 6, I've wasted thousands of dollars and a year of my life in culinary school and I can no longer do anything with that program. My lawyer told me to come up with a ballpark idea of how much I'd like to ask for pain and suffering and I honestly have no idea where to even start. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
**A: start off with $1.2 million.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">