• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Painters mistake

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gregspark

What is the name of your state? Oregon
My car was in a parking lot at a small shopping mall. A painter was painting the outside of the building, around the corner out of sight of the parking spot I chose to park in. There were no postings of warnings of painting going on in the parking lot. Paint was carried by the breeze and found its way to my car. That same day, I notified the owner of the building of the paint on my car and was given the name of the painter. I also that same day, washed my car to try to get the paint overspray off. When it became clear that all of the overspray was not going to come off. I contacted the owner of the painting company. The owner admitted fault and said that he had seen the overspray on my car.
The problem is now that he wants to dictate where I can take my car to get the paint off. I do not feel comfortable with this solution because he chose the cheapest way out for him.
Oregon has a law that says that an insurance company can not require the insurer go to a particular shop to receive repairs.
Does this law apply the painting contractor?
Can he make me take my car to his choice of repair shops?
I need some advice, please.
Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">