• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

park bench accident with my vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mattusa

What is the name of your state? south carolina
The other night I was coming home at night and there were 2 picnic table(not benches) lined up across the street in the shadow of a neighborhood park oak tree. I hit it going the speed limit(30 mph) and damaged the front of my car ($350.00).
The next day , I asked the lady that lives directlly across from the park if she had heard or seen anyone suspicious lately around the park and told her what had happened. She told me that on 2 previous occasions she discovered the benches (these are large and heavy) in her front yard. The first time she had a policeman move it back across the street and into the park (it is a small park, but very close to the street) and she called into city services to complain ( she did not get a name). The second time, she had a park maintainence man that was out maintaining the park help her move them.
I made a police report and talked to the Risk Manager of the park and he told me to keep my damage receipts to the auto and he would investigate.
My question is if there is a law that city park benches be anchored to the ground and affixed in place. I called a State Park and they said yes.
Thank you, Matt

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mattusa said:
What is the name of your state? south carolina
The other night I was coming home at night and there were 2 picnic table(not benches) lined up across the street in the shadow of a neighborhood park oak tree. I hit it going the speed limit(30 mph) and damaged the front of my car ($350.00).
The next day , I asked the lady that lives directlly across from the park if she had heard or seen anyone suspicious lately around the park and told her what had happened. She told me that on 2 previous occasions she discovered the benches (these are large and heavy) in her front yard. The first time she had a policeman move it back across the street and into the park (it is a small park, but very close to the street) and she called into city services to complain ( she did not get a name). The second time, she had a park maintainence man that was out maintaining the park help her move them.
I made a police report and talked to the Risk Manager of the park and he told me to keep my damage receipts to the auto and he would investigate.
My question is if there is a law that city park benches be anchored to the ground and affixed in place. I called a State Park and they said yes.
Thank you, Matt

My response:

Since there was no question(s) in your post, I'll just say "Thank you" for posting such a lovely story. If you want answers, you'll need to tell us your City name.

IAAL

D

DChristian112

My question is if there is a law that city park benches be anchored to the ground and affixed in place.
I think that was a question.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

DChristian112 said:
"I think that was a question."

==================================

My response:

How could that possibly be a question without a city name, and a question mark?

You need to stop "thinking." You're better off when you don't.

IAAL

D

DChristian112

It is the context of the question. A question mark was not necessary. it IS proper grammar, however, I do not think the poster assumed she was in English 101.

Maybe YOU need to start thinking more.
And it only asks for a STATE name, not a city name, and it WAS a STATE park.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

DChristian112 said:
It is the context of the question. A question mark was not necessary. it IS proper grammar, however, I do not think the poster assumed she was in English 101.

Maybe YOU need to start thinking more.
And it only asks for a STATE name, not a city name, and it WAS a STATE park.

My response:

Well, at least you're doing as I requested . . . and not "thinking."

Read the post again - - CLOSER, skank. He's discussing a small park, which is a City park. He was using the State park as an example. So, in order to give our writer any information about the CITY park, we needed the CITY name.

Congratulations! You're using your brain in reverse gear again!

At least you're not using your brain as a doorstop.

IAAL

D

DChristian112

I thank God I found you on this website.
I only pray that I can meet you one day in person, and just give you a big ol' hug.
You really need one, I THINK.
Naw, I KNOW you do!
I know you love me IAAL.

C

crashtestdummy2

You are a moron liable....go ahead and get me kicked off....it makes my day to know that I get to you and you have to have me kicked off...bye bye..OH don't forget to come up with a witty answer skank...

B

BennyDi

IALL, what is your major malfunction? <---- That is a question!! haha

So, DChristian didn't put a question mark!! Big deal. The question was clear without the question mark. IS THERE A LAW THAT CITY PARK BENCHES BE ANCHORED TO THE GROUND AND AFFIXED IN PLACE????????????????????????????? Are there enough question marks so that you will now be able to identify the question?? <---- That is another question.

Get off your high horse you arrogant angleworm!! Just answer the question (if you can) and if you can't answer it without the city name, just ask the city name, without giving DChristian a glimpse of your very poor teaching skills.

Talk about doorstops. If you HAD a brain, it wouldn't be good enough to function as a doorstop.

I know.....you're going to have me kicked off the site. hahahaha

D

DChristian112

The only reason IAAL calls me the lovely names that he does he because he is upset that I do not meet the single mother cliché' as he would expect me to. OH, and he hates the fact that I had to go on welfare for six months. Well, IAAL, I am off now, and I am no longer using your tax dollars to support my "white/trailer trash family" anymore. But, if you think about it, I work for a church, so I suppose the congregation is supporting me now? Is that it IAAL? Well, who pays your salary? Taxpaying citizens????

And, as for question marks... ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I can pull a whole bunch more out of my @ss for you sweetie pie!

D

DChristian112

Funny thing, my mother suggested that to me about three weeks ago, and you know what, I am writing a book.

It is about single motherhood, watch for it in about two years...

And no, sorry, I did not send you mail. You have selected the option where you receive an automatic email from the post you respond to. Sorry though, you are mistaken.

B

BennyDi

Calibaygirl, if you don't want someone to respond to you, my suggestion is, don't say anything to THEM and they won't respond to you!! It's a very simple concept.

You jumped in the middle of a thread that had nothing to do with you to "leave a message for IAAL," but the very first 5 lines out of a total of 11 lines in your message were you speaking directly to DChristian.

Now, if your intent were to truly to only leave a message to IAAL, you would have started a brand new message, titled it "MESSAGE TO IAAL," and left your message to him personally. Now how simple would that have been? Your lack of brains is astounding!! He would have seen his name on the title of a message and known right away it was for him. Instead, you bury it in the middle of a name calling fest with many other messages making it almost impossible for him to see. I'm sure he will find it though as he seems to have nothing better to do in life besides participating in this forum.

Did you know he's having my membership cancelled from this site? haha

Would you like fries with your burger? Have a nice day and drive on through....................

A BRICK WALL

Oh....don't forget to respond to this and call me names. I thrive on it. Make my day!! hehehe

B

BennyDi

Couldn't resist, huh, Calibaygirl? See how easy it was to suck you right in?

:::laughing out loud:::

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">