• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Park Car Hit By Uninsured Company Truck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ALMANICKIE

What is the name of your state? colorado

my truck was parked and was hit by a company truck that was not insured. the company truck was a rental and they did not get insurance at the rental place nor did the company owner insure the vehicle with his own insurance.

i only have liability insurance so my insurance company will not help me with the damage to my truck.

i have had to get my own quotes and force them on the owner of the company. he has stated he is not responsible for the damage to my truck it is his employee's. i want my truck fixed but this man will not work with me.

i have lost money at work because i had to leave to get quotes and will also loss money because i have to take off to take my son to and from school.

what can i do? what can i request?
help

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ALMANICKIE said:
What is the name of your state? colorado

my truck was parked and was hit by a company truck that was not insured. the company truck was a rental and they did not get insurance at the rental place nor did the company owner insure the vehicle with his own insurance.

i only have liability insurance so my insurance company will not help me with the damage to my truck.

i have had to get my own quotes and force them on the owner of the company. he has stated he is not responsible for the damage to my truck it is his employee's. i want my truck fixed but this man will not work with me.

i have lost money at work because i had to leave to get quotes and will also loss money because i have to take off to take my son to and from school.

what can i do? what can i request?
help

My response:

What can you do? This is why we have a court system - it's for the redress of grievances. Sounds to me like you have a grievance.

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

TARNATION! I was just about to say "AND WHY do you not have an attorney?"

You're fast Big Guy:D

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hexeliebe said:
TARNATION! I was just about to say "AND WHY do you not have an attorney?"

You're fast Big Guy:D

My response:

Well, golllllllllllly, Sarge!

Fast? Have you been talking to Mrs. Liable about me again?

The reason why our writer isn't going to get an attorney for this matter is that the claim is only for property damage. There's no money in it for an attorney.

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

MoVE IT! MOve IT! Move IT!

Well, gotta love the court system on this one. I'd love to hear the excuse the owner gives the judge.

A

ALMANICKIE

i do not have the money for an attorney. the company owner told me if i take him to court he will not pay even if he loss.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ALMANICKIE said:
i do not have the money for an attorney. the company owner told me if i take him to court he will not pay even if he loss.

My response:

Got any more facts you didn't tell us?

Look, if you want your money, you need to sue the driver and the employer. Try Small Claims court. What else would you like us to tell you?

IAAL

A

ALMANICKIE

speeking of the devil the company owner just called me and said i can not call him any more about the accident or he is going to file harassment charges on me.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ALMANICKIE said:
speeking of the devil the company owner just called me and said i can not call him any more about the accident or he is going to file harassment charges on me.

My response:

Okay. And how does telling us that help us to help you?

What do you want from this site? Are you having trouble reading or understanding what I've already said to you?

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

O.K. before you start to piss off my brudder :D you stop calling him. March down to your city's small calims court, fill out the paperwork for filing a property damage claim, pay the associated fees (along with service fees which you can recover) and file this suit.

Then, IF you win, you can then wait the prescribed 30(?) days and if he still hasn't paid, file a lien against anything he owns, including the company.

A

ALMANICKIE

thank you all for your help and patience. when you have never had something like this happen to you it is hard to know where to go.

A

ALMANICKIE

a reply to homegur i am sorry that you feel other people problems are a riot. all i was asking was some help.

H

hexeliebe

Calm down Alma.

All we ever ask of people is to give us all the facts. It gets old fast how often we don't know what is going on until hours have passed.

You now know what to do. You can either accept the advice given and get on with protecting your rights, or not. That is your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">