• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parked car got hit twice in one weekend! Don't know who did either...what do I do??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

keeepwalking

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I walked out of my boyfriend's house this afternoon to discover someone had hit my front driver side bumper overnight leaving a large dent. No note or cameras or anything. After actually looking at the rest of my car (the passenger side), I noticed much more damage, where it looks like a car sideswiped the entire passenger side, taking my side mirror with. I can't even open my passenger door all the way. With how my car was parked, there's no way that this is the same accident. I am a college student, and I believe that the other damage I saw probably happened while I was at school, and just didn't notice. I haven't gone anywhere else, and the only reason I noticed it was because of the initial damage that I had come out to find. So now I literally have two separate problems with my car. I live in Ca and have insurance, what should I do? Will my insurance take care of this? I'm a student, and I have no job to take care of this on my own, but I need to fix my car! And, there's no way I am goin' to be able to find whoever did it. Advice please!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Mass_Shyster

You'll need to report it to your insurance company. They will decide if it was one or two accidents, and charge accordingly. I suspect they will call it two accidents, and charge you two deductibles. They don't make profits by giving away money.

ecmst12

If you have collision coverage, your insurance will pay for the repairs, minus your deductible for each accident. If you don't, they won't be able to help. Don't be surprised if the large amount of damage totals the car, especially if you are driving a typical college student beater.

Take a look at the other cars that park in your BF lot. Do it early morning and look for your cars paint on the others.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">