• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parked Car was Hit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

ijt101

What is the name of your state? PA

Big question. My wifes car was struck by another driver when it was parked. I think the car will be totaled but am panicking because my wife owes 2-3K more than what the Blue Book or NADA values are currently.

Since this accident wasn't my Fault, does the other drivers insurance company have to pay the difference betweent he car loan and actual value to put me in the same position as I was before the accident

Can anyone offer advice

enjay

Nope, the other company would be expected to give you enough to replace the current vehicle with a similar vehicle. The fact that you owe more than it's worth is irrelevant.

I

ijt101

No, I didn't purchase Gap Coverage on the car. My thought process was that I would have been fine with the payments before the car was hit.

Since the accident happened at no fault of my own. Only paying book value would leave me with extra car payments over and above the replacement car I need to buy.

Is there any way to force the other drivers insurance company or him to pay for this difference.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">